Helpful Hint – How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes are out already, but we’re ready to rid of those bugs we all dislike so much!
Here are some helpful hints on how to get rid of mosquitoes.
Finally! A mosquito repellent spray and trap! And it’s an all-natural, easy recipes you can make at home:
Combine in a 16 oz bottle:
15 drops lavender oil (available online or at Whole Foods)
3-4 Tbsp of PURE vanilla extract
1/4 Cup lemon juice.
Fill bottle with water.
And a trap for those pesky bugs!
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.