Recipe – Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks
Marianne found this recipe on Facebook and has not tried it yet, but wants to share it with everyone.
Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks
If you love cabbage, you are going to LOVE this recipe even if you aren’t a cabbage lover.
A simple side dish that is quick and easy for anyone to make and enjoy!
1 (approx 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1″ thick slices
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
2 to 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
freshly ground black pepper
spray olive oil OR non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull outer leaf off cabbage (it’s usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1″ thick slices.
2. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
3. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
4. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
5. Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. Serve hot and Enjoy!
Let us know what you think!