Howell Students Return To Class Following Gas Leak
Students are back in class in two schools in Howell following a morning gas leak.
Howell Township’s Police Communications Facebook page reports that classes have resumed at the Adelphia School and the Memorial Middle Schools after the odor of gas was detected in both schools around 11:20 a.m.
Detective Sgt. Eileen Dodd tells the Patch of Howell that the fire department responded to the report and an email was sent to parents. Adelphia students were taken to the former revenue building and Hoffman field while Adelphia students were taken to the Ardmore Estates housing development
NJ Natural Gas was able to contain a leak on Lemon Road and took negative readings for gas in both schools.
Both schools are located on shared property on Adelphia Road at the intersection of Fairfield Road.