Voluntary Evacuation Of Barnegat
The Township of Barnegat and the Township of Ocean have announced a voluntary evacuation of the following areas.
TOWNSHIP OF BARNEGAT
1. Areas along and north of Bayshore Drive including all lagoon streets, Pebble Beach section and Crosswinds.
2. Areas east of Lower Shore Road from East Bay Avenue to Barnegat/Stafford border. This would include both Mills and Powell Lanes to be evacuated.
TOWNSHIP OF OCEAN
1. All areas east of Main Street.
2. All areas east of Seventh Street.
3. Bay Parkway from State Route 9 to bay.
The voluntary evacuation is effective immediately. A mandatory evacuation will be in effect Sunday, October 28, 2012. All residents are Â advised to be out of the designated evacuation area by 6:00pm Sunday, October 28, 2011. At that time, access to the evacuation area will be restricted.
An emergency shelter for Barnegat and Ocean Township residents will be at the Brackman Middle School, located on Barnegat Boulevard North in Â Barnegat Township. There is plenty of parking on site. The shelter will Â open at NOON on Sunday, October 28, 2012.
Please contact the Barnegat Police Department at (609) 698-5000 or the Ocean Township Police Department at (609) 693-4007 if assistance is required to evacuate. All residents are urged to complete preparation for the approaching storm by sunset on Sunday.
Source: Barnegat Township